summer wednesday's nostalgia

2:31 PM


Sometimes I really enjoy torturing my mind by trying hard to remember all the details from my childhood, which is already something I would like to come back, just to embrace all of it once more. Watching my 10 year old brother, I really can see major differences when it comes to growing up, improvement of technology, mostly other things today are used for having fun.

I was born in the middle 90's, and the earliest memories of that time is watching cartoons like Powerpuff girls, Johnny Bravo, CatDog, Hey Arnold, Oggy and the cockroaches and Dexter's laboratory in a language I didn't understand back then, but it was such a trill for me, just the same when I got my first discman.

In Winter time mostly, along with making trails for wodden snowmobile in front of my house and laughing hard when sliding down the two foot trail.
Back then, in my street was lots of kids my age, and we were like a big family, which makes me kind of sad since the oldest one in our kid gang just finished college, and the others just dissapeared. We were playing hide and seek and hiding for a long time all across our neighborhood. 
On our street there was no traffic, and we spend hours playing with chalks, drawing our dream houses in the middle of the street, covered with dirt, pants stained with grass. We made romobile races, picnics where we played with stuffed dogs and baby dolls. And at the moment street light turned on, we knew it's late, so we said goodbye.
I enjoyed drawing, and my mum still keeps all the akward drawings I was drawing at the age 4 to 9.
Me and my two year younger sister were amazed when our father had given us Furby he bought in Austria. 

summer wednesday's nostalgia


1# I was wearing crop tops even at young age, so that's probably why I'm pretty much obsessed with them. Matching crop top and skirt, plus jelly sandals is the combination I really liked back then, and I remember wearing it on a walk we took next to the sea, with my little sister still in stroller.
2# Beige A-silouetthe dress with pink converse I wore sometime at the end of the 90's, when I got my diploma for learning in school of foregin languages, and I was chanting some stupid little song in front of everyone's parents - I like coffee, I like tea, I like boys and boys like me - which was kind of weird to hear from little kid's mouth I believe.
3# Birkenstock sandals were the ones I wore everyday, no matter what was going on, where I was going or what I was doing.

Fashion didn't play big role in my life back then at all. Most of it was pre-used, given from older ones. I remember wearing big shirts, checkered blouses I got from my male cousin, but also my mum really dressed me and my sister well. She was buying clothes, and I didn't complain, because I was just a kid.
I still remember more then few outfits I was wearing (Thanks to my mum's utter need to photograph every moment of her children, which now I'm thankful for)

Eventhough time to time I get depressed and just want to be little kid again, no worries, always with a smile on my face and friends nearby, I'm glad I have nice memories, and most amazing boyfriend by my side,
being loved and in love, embracing life I'm living to its finest.

Lucille

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. Lately ive been diggin the 90s era too! Im obsessed with crop tops as well!
    Xx


    www.mzmatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second look is too cute! keep up the great work lovey, you rock :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the three sets. Thanks for the visit. We can follow each other. Following now on GFC and blogloving.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 90's kid too, so thanks for sharing this post, dear :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve Ugly shoes!!!!!!! :-D Thanks for your comment!!! I follow you now on GFC, bloglovin….Kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! I'm a nineties kid too!

    lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and interesting post. Love the three sets, esp the second one. Cute. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I already followed you back!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Followed you back!
    xoxo
    holographiclives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the first outfit <3
    Of course, we can follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute summer looks.
    xoxo

    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... 90s nostalgia, I share the same feeling!! Wish I could be a child again too, for a while x

    Love,
    Whitney

    http://www.whitneyswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. of course! i'm following right now! :) kisses*

    ilovecookieswithmilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ja sam dijete devedesetih:)...baš sam nedavno razgovarala sa svojima kako smo se prije mi djeca svi igrali na ulici zajedno, a danas su djeca nekako sva odvojena jedna od drugih, ispred kompjutera ( i mi smo ih imali, tada se to bio onaj famozni comodore ili nekako tako, ali nikad nismo pred njima visili cijeli dan) i televizije zatvoreni u kućama...Svak je malo nostalgičan prema danima odrastanja, a opet mi se čini da nam je bilo lijepo, unatoč svemu što se devedesetih događalo.

    Naravno da te pratim:) Čitamo se!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible style and blog! :)

    I would like to invite you to my blog! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Facebook and maybe Bloglovin!
    I will follow right back and I will like your page on Facebook from my personal account when you do so, just let me know!

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can totally relate to this post! Love to remember my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. And here I am your GFC #600. Please keep in touch.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  18. The nineties were incredibly cool. No question! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing such beautiful memories. You had such an awesome and fun childhood!

    Anne
    http://www.liebeladies.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post. I get nostalgic about my childhood too :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just followed back! I wish you a lot of success! xx
    I am developing my Facebook page now and I will be so happy if you support me with a like there! If you want any support from me I am here, just let me know! :)

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those baby blue jelly shoes are FAB! Let me know if you'd like to follow each other on gfc.
    Blog love,
    Bilgi | Stepping Onto The Scene

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd choose the third outfit, I love Birkenstocks :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The 90's had one of the best fashions of all time, I really love the classic :) I really adore that crop top and pencil skirt, perfect color too! Thanks for visiting my blog and sure I'd be happy for us to follow each other. I'm now following you in GFC, I'll wait for you to follow me back! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  25. l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for following - it´s a pleasure for me that I already followed you back on bloglovin <3

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The second Outfit is soooo amazing! Love it.

    Greetings from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, thank you very much for your comment:) You have great blog:) Of course I follow now and will be fantastic if you follow me back:) Have a nice day:)!
    http://www.swiatwkolorzeblond.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have such great taste! Love all these chic looks you selected, so summery chic, I remember Dexter and PP girls too! Following you with GFC, Thanks for your insightful comment…Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Blog is very nice, I follow you! ♥ Laura, takeasmileforawhile.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the second and third looks. They're ensemble I can wear. My tummy is too tired to wear the first. Lol!
    *Appreciate your visit on my blog and YES to following each other pls. Following you now via GFC - hope you follow back. Stay bless!*

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm a 90's kid as well ahah :D I love the pairing of those outfits, especially the blue two piece with the jellies :D Totally retro cute!
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great article!

    Would do you like to follow each other dear ?

    Kisses,

    Emily from PTT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for the comment on my blog, and yes i would love to follow one another :)

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. nice post! thank for your comment, yes I'd like to follow each other, please follow me first and then I'll follow you back, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  36. cheap ray bans uk I still want to eat a cheap ray ban sunglasses uk bunch of chicken wings, delicious. Biting the finger-like look like a greedy child. Suddenly feeling very warm, if cheap really how good this cheap ray ban sunglasses sale has been cheap ray bans uk accompanied by its own. Poor children are often inferior. Although conceited cheap ray bans uk beauty, but because we know that a poor cheap ray bans uk family did not dare to romance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, reading, and leaving the comment. You made me smile! :)